Establishing a regular exercise routine is a great way to set your children up for a healthy lifestyle, along with eating healthy meals like breakfast. Without exercise, children can be at risk of early onset health problems that will follow them for the rest of their lives.
Parents play an important role in shaping their children’s attitudes towards regular exercise. At a minimum, children should engage in at least one hour of physical activity every day.
Why do children need everyday exercise?
Children who are inactive are more likely to become inactive adults, who are prone to conditions that are usually minimized by regular exercise. Risk include:
- Becoming overweight
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Increased risk of diabetes and some kinds of cancer
- Reduced psychological well-being, including gaining more self-confidence and higher self-esteem
- Setting a positive guideline by leading an active lifestyle
- Taking children to places where they can be active, like parks, community fields, and community fitness centers
- Making physical activity fun!
At Woozy, we know that fun is the most important part of any exercise regimen. So, we created our very own exercise dice. To use the dice, simply download this PDF, and paste each of the squares onto an old tissue box.
Make sure to check out the American Heart Association’s recommendation’s for physical activity in kids and start incorporating exercise into your family’s routine today!