Here’s a sophisticated, yet scrumptious dinner recipe for you and your little ones. This blend of juicy chicken breast, infused with capers and lemon zest, and toasted broccolini presents a great way for you to feed your kids the foods they enjoy while introducing them to their essential greens.
Follow this easy, low-cost recipe to whip together a dish that your family will remember as being healthy AND delicious.
Ingredients for Chicken:
- 2 Chicken Breasts (boneless but with skin on)
- Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Pound down chicken breasts to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Heat up the pan to medium high. Make sure pan is big enough to hold both flattened chicken breasts.
- Put a tbsp of olive oil in the pan, and add chicken skin-side down.
- Season top of chicken with salt and pepper (as much as desired). Apply pressure to chicken by laying a heavy pot on top of the meat (optional).
- Let cook until top looks cooked throughout, not pink — pale blonde or white.
- Remove chicken from pan and let rest while you make the sauce.
- For sauce: empty out the excess oil and fats from pan previously used with chicken. Return to stovetop on medium heat. Add butter and let it cook for 3 mins — constantly turn the pan so that the butter doesn’t burn. Butter should foam and appear brown, and smell like hazelnuts.
- Once the butter has been browned, right before it burns, add capers to pan and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to your tasting.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.
Ingredients for Side Veggies:
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep potatoes by washing and scrubbing. Then, make cuts every 1/8 of an inch along the width of the potato, but make sure not to cut all the way through.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper and put it in the oven on an unlined pan for 45-50 mins.
- Peel carrots and cut into equal pieces. Dress with oil, salt, and pepper and put on pan and put in the oven. Time on oven depends on how large you cut your carrots — at least 15 mins and up to 30 mins.
- Rinse broccolini under water. Dress with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put on the pan in oven for 15 mins.
- Serve with chicken and other sides. Enjoy! 🙂